Social Media Concerns for Internal Audit and Compliance
An Overview of the Varying Social Media Platforms and What Companies Should be Concerned With
We are being flooded with Social Media invitations and updates. Web-based communication icons like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn are dominating the way we interact with each other. People are feeling the need to be updated at all times. It has become a time eater, and businesses are quickly becoming aware of the drain it can have on productivity. People love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out.
Understanding Social Media is about communicating the right way. We are beginning to communicate more through electronic means than face to face. Talking on a phone has been replaced more and more with SMS (texting.) Social media channels are becoming the main form of communication and your participants will realize how Social media and the Workplace can work together. What do companies need to do to protect against social media and how can internal audit help? What should be the concerns of IT?
- Learn the meaning of social media
- Learn different ways social media is used and altered
- Build and maintain a social media policy, internal and external
- Keeping your social media secure
- Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
- Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
- Audit’s Role in Social Media
- IT’s Highest Risk Areas Regarding Social Media